Friday, August 19, 2011

Male Cardinal by Ann Hoffpauir

Male cardinals are very showy and handsome. These birds are in my yard year round and I enjoy watching them. As they fly from limb to limb or across the sky one can't help but look to see those beautiful birds because of their bright vivid color.
The male cardinal help raise their young. They bring food to the female as she incubates the eggs. Males also bring food to the nest after the babies hatch and even help feed them when they are adult size. Yep, teaching their kids how to take care of themselves out in this hugh world.
As I am writing this, I can see my neighbor is cutting the grass in his pasture to bale hay. Ah, I like the smell of fresh mown hay. The cattle egrets are following the tractors to catch and eat insects. I gotta go now and photograph all that action. Paintings are waiting to happen!
This painting is size 5x7 oil on canvas panel. It's available for $75.00.
Thank you for viewing.
© Ann Hoffpauir

No comments:

Post a Comment