Sunday, August 21, 2011

Chipping Sparrow by Ann Hoffpauir

© Ann Hoffpauir
I had to look up this little bird to know what kind it was. When I first noticed it, I thought it was just another house sparrow. As I worked in my yard though, it didn't fly away as readily as house sparrows do. I thought
"what the heck is wrong with this bird, is it sick, old or something"? The more I observed this bird I realized not only it wasn't a house sparrow, because it's character was somewhat timid, sweet and social. Later I had refilled a bird feeder and left it on my back porch for a few days. Well, the birds found it and they were probably thinking "the dang bird lady is never gonna hang the feeder up, so lets eat here ya"ll"! So...unnoticed to the birds, I took their picture from inside the window that was only about six feet from that feeder.
I had several different species of birds visit that feeder while it was on the porch. A lot of good close up photos too!
This painting is size 7x5 oil on canvas panel. It is available for $75.00. Thank you for viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment